From 11/20/2018, old master branch (no uReplcator-Manager module) is moved to branch-0.1. New master is backward-compatible and supports both non-federation and federation mode.
uReplicator provides a Kafka replication solution with high performance, scalability and stability.
uReplicator is good at:
- High throughput
- uReplicator has a controller to assign partitions to workers based on throughput in source cluster so each worker can achieve max throughput. (Currently it depends on Chaperone; We will make it get workload from JMX shortly)
- uReplicator checks lags on each worker and removes heavy traffic from lagging workers.
- High availability
- uReplicator uses smart rebalance instead of high level consumer rebalance which can guarantee smooth replication.
- High scalability
- When the scale of Kafka infrastructure increases, simply add more hosts to uReplicator and it will scale up automatically
- Smart operation (Federated uReplicator)
- Federated uReplicator can set up replication route automatically.
- When a route has higher traffic or lag, Federated uReplicator can add workers automatically and release afterwards.
- uReplicator can detect new partitions in source cluster and start replication automatically
You can find quick start and configurations in uReplicator User Guide.