This is the Java 8 optimized version of WebTester (v2.x), for Java 6 and 7 versions see 1.x.
testIT WebTester is a web-application UI test automation framework based on Selenium.
It is the product of years of consulting experience in various projects and
aims at providing a very intuitive, declarative and extendable API for writing
programmatic UI tests in Java.
- Optimized for Java 8 and above
- Intuitive Page Object Pattern with simple annotation-driven element identification
- Useful predefined element classes (e.g. Button, TextField, ...)
- Simple API for runtime element identification
- Boost reuse with easy composition of pages and page fragments
- Highlighting of used elements for visual debugging
- Custom event handling: from a simple screenshot on exception to custom report generation
- Seamless integration with common frameworks like: AssertJ, Hamcrest, JUnit, Spring, etc.
- Selenium is always just a method call away!
Migrating from WebTester v1.x?
If you are migrating from an earlier version of WebTester, you might be interested
in this guide.
The user documentation is part of the repository and is generated as an HTML.
The latest version can be found here.
Older versions of the documentation are linked in the Wiki.
If you have further questions please get in touch with us.
See contribution document.
Get in touch
You can contact us by creating an issue.
WebTester is licensed under The Apache License, Version 2.0.
WebTester is mainly developed by NovaTec Consulting GmbH,
a German consultancy firm that drives quality in software development projects.