Agrona provides a library of data structures and utility methods that are a common need when building high-performance
applications in Java. Many of these utilities are used in the Aeron
efficient reliable UDP unicast, multicast, and IPC message transport and provides high-performance buffer implementations
to support the Simple Binary Encoding Message Codec.
For the latest version information and changes see the Change Log.
The latest release and downloads can be found in Maven Central.
- Buffers - Thread safe direct and atomic buffers for working with on and off heap memory with memory ordering semantics.
- Lists - Array backed lists of int/long primitives to avoid boxing.
- Maps - Open addressing and linear probing with int/long primitive keys to object reference values.
- Maps - Open addressing and linear probing with int/long primitive keys to int/long values.
- Sets - Open addressing and linear probing for int/long primitives and object references.
- Cache - Set Associative with int/long primitive keys to object reference values.
- Clocks - Clock implementations to abstract system clocks, allow caching, and enable testing.
- Queues - Lock-less implementations for low-latency applications.
- Ring/Broadcast Buffers - implemented off-heap for IPC communication.
- Simple Agent framework for concurrent services.
- Signal handling to support "Ctrl + c" in a server application.
- Scalable Timer Wheel - For scheduling timers at a given deadline with O(1) register and cancel time.
- Code generation from annotated implementations specialised for primitive types.
- Off-heap counters implementation for application telemetry, position tracking, and coordination.
- Implementations of InputStream and OutputStream that can wrap direct buffers.
- DistinctErrorLog - A log of distinct errors to avoid filling disks with existing logging approaches.
The project is built with Gradle using this build.gradle file.
You require the following to build Agrona:
- Latest Java 8. Agrona is tested with Java 8 and 11.
Full clean, build, and install into local maven repository
License (See LICENSE file for full license)
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
limitations under the License.