An open-source YouTube player for the Android operating system, without ads.
Why SkyTube? |
- Video blocker which includes the following features:
- Channel blacklisting
- Channel whitelisting
- Block videos if their language is not the same as the user's preferred one(s)
- Low views video blocking
- High dislikes video blocking
- Icon in the toolbar displaying how many videos were blocked
- Videos watched or partially watched are marked accordingly. Resume playing feature also implemented.
- Video swipe controls, including volume, brightness, comments and video description controls.
- Bookmark videos
- Import subscriptions from YouTube
- Play channels' playlists
- Download videos
- Ability to play the video faster - or slower than live. [New!]
- View and download video thumbnails
- Doesn't display any adverts when browsing or playing videos
- Backup and restore bookmarks and subscriptions (all stored locally on your device)
- Explore Featured and Most Popular videos
- Browse YouTube channels
- Play YouTube videos
- View video comments
- Search videos, music and channels
- Channel subscription & non-intrusive notifications
- Subscriptions feed
More features will be added in the near future.
Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or later. For techies, that means an API level of 14 or greater.
||Contains extra features that are powered by non-OSS libraries.
||Fully open-source and free software.
|Official YouTube player support*
||Normally up to 5 days
* powered by a closed-source, third-party library.
- Free and Open-Source
- Innovative design
- No intrusive ads
- Not dependent on GAPPS/Google Apps (i.e. YouTube official app)
- No need for Google/YouTube account to operate
- My code does not spy on your behaviour!
This project was possible with the support and contribution of numerous volunteers and third-party projects.
Help us improve this project by translating or by coding!
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation (version 3 of the License).
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
along with this program. If not, see https://www.gnu.org/licenses/.
This project is not affiliated with YouTube™ or any of its partners and/or products.
YouTube™ and Android™ are registered trademarks of Google Inc.