Open Sudoku is a simple open-source Sudoku game.
It's designed to be controlled both by finger and keyboard.
It's preloaded with 90 puzzles in 3 difficulty levels.
More puzzles can be downloaded from the web, and it also allows you to enter your own puzzles.
alt="Get it on F-Droid"
alt="Get it on Google Play"
Authors and Contributors
Current version of Open Sudoku is authored by Óscar García Amor.
The first version of Open Sudoku was developed by Roman Mašek and
was contributed to by Vit Hnilica, Martin Sobola, Martin Helff, and Diego Pierotto.
- Added functionality to highlight cells with similar values
- Compile with and updated support up to Android Pie (except for the SDK 23+ permission check for external storage access)
- Added Java 1.8 compatibility (lambdas, methods, etc)
- Reformatted code
- Slightly improved app performance within "res" files
- Fixed the grammar of some strings
- Migrated App to AppCompat
- Migrated to AndroidX
- Fixed some bugs
- Added permission checks for reading/writing external storage
- Added puzzle solver
- Added awesome theme preview
- Added new title screen with resume feature
- Added spectacular full App UI themes
- New action buttons for undo and settings in game screen
- New option for highlight notes that match a particular number when a cell is selected
- New menu option to undo to before mistake
- New config option to remove notes on number entry
- New config option to skip titlescreen
- Fix folder view to show sudoku previews with custom theme colors
- Fix the crash when no cell was selected and you used the hint command
- Fix crash when using the new feature to automatically remove cell notes
- Keep same values highlighted after empty cell selection
- New menu option to sort puzzles by last played and play time
Support or Contact
Having trouble with Open Sudoku? Create an issue in https://github.com/ogarcia/opensudoku/issues or contact me via [email protected] and I'll help you sort it out.