This repository aims at showcasing a way how you could implement various aspects from Domain-driven Design with the
Spring ecosystem. It is also the demo project for my conference talk "Implementing Domain-driven Design with the Spring
Which DDD aspects are covered?
The focus of the demo project are Aggregates, event-based communication and bounded contests. The complete list is:
- Event-based communication with
- a message broker (RabbitMQ)
- HTTP Feeds
- Spring Application Events
- Architectural styles
- Hexagonal Architecture
- Query-driven (not yet implemented properly)
Which Spring Technologies are being used?
The project uses the following Spring technologies:
- Spring Framework Core
- Spring MVC
- Spring Boot
- Spring Cloud Stream
- Spring Data JPA
Prerequisites and getting started
In order to run the application you need to have Docker and docker-compose installed on your machine.
When you have docker up and running you need to perform the following steps on the command line:
- ./mvnw clean package
- docker-compose up --build
- After everything has started you can open http://localhost:8080 in a browser of your choice