This repository contains demos used live during presentations or in blog posts; The following demos are currently available:
- core/Basic: simple comparison between JDBC, ORM, and JPA
- core/Fetching Strategies: "when" (laziness) and "how" (fetch style)
- core/Value Generation: annotations allowing in-memory and DB generated properties, both for INSERT and INSERT/UPDATE actions
- core/Multi-Tenancy: multiple, concurrent databases and clients from a single Hibernate instance
- core/Caching: entity second level cache (2LC) and query cache
- core/Envers: historical/audited data
- core/Spatial: geographical data
- osgi: tutorials demonstrating all possible ORM OSGi configurations
- hiking-demo: Demo project used for the talk "Hibernate OGM: Talking to NoSQL in Red Hat JBoss EAP" presented at Red Hat Summit 2014. It shows how to use MongoDB as data store in a Java EE application through JPA / Hibernate OGM.
- hsearch-with-elasticsearch: Shows how to use the Elasticsearch backend in Hibernate Search 5.x.
Used for the talk "From Hibernate to Elasticsearch in no Time" at JavaZone 2016.
- hsearch-elasticsearch-wikipedia: Demonstrates a REST service using Hibernate Search + Elasticsearch to search a large dataset from Wikipedia.
- hsearch-quarkus: Demonstrates a REST service with CRUD and full-text search features
implemented using Quarkus, Hibernate Search and Elasticsearch.
Accompanies the blog post https://in.relation.to/2019/11/12/hibernate-search-quarkus/
- multi-release-jar-demo: Shows how to build multi-release JARs with Java 9.
Accompanies the blog post http://in.relation.to/2017/02/13/building-multi-release-jars-with-maven/
- custom-jlink-plugin: Shows how to customize Java 9 modular runtime images with jlink plug-ins. The example shows a plug-in for adding a Jandex annotation index for one or more modules to the runtime image.
If not stated otherwise, the demos are licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (see https://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0). Refer to the headers of individual files for specific license and copyright information, in particular of included library files.