Creating a workspace with IntelliJ
- Install the latest Maven for your system
- Install JDK 11 for your system
brew cask install java
- Export the
JAVA_HOME environment variable to point to your newly installed JDK
- Install the latest version of IntelliJ Community edition (>= 2018.3)
- Clone the project from GitHub:
git clone https://github.com/fasten-project/fasten
- Do a test build on the command line:
cd fasten && mvn install. Everything should work.
- Open the project in IntelliJ:
- In the open project screen, click "Import Project" and navigate to your FASTEN checkout
- Select "Import from from external model" and then Maven
- Click Next, Next
- In the SDK selection screen, select JDK 11. If it is not there, click the
+ button and navigate to the installation directory of your JDK 11.
- Set the project name to fasten
- When the import is done, go to File -> Project Structure -> Project Settings
- From the dropdown menu, select the Java 11 SDK. If it is not there, click on
New to create it.
- Set the project language level to Java 11
- If you encounter "PF4J annotation processor" error when building the project, follow the below steps:
- Go to Preferences -> Build, Execution, Deployment -> Compiler -> Annotation Processors .
- For the annotation profile of
dummy-analyzer, select "Obtain processors from classpath".