CephFS Hadoop Plugin!
In a hurry ?
- Install virtualbox and vagrant.
- Make sure they are working correctly.
Then just run:
- cd ./resources/vagrant
- vagrant up
Wow ! How did you do that? Vagrant
This repository contains the source code for the Hadoop FileSystem (HCFS) implementation on Ceph.
In addition, for developers, it includes a Vagrant recipe for spinning up a Ceph 1 node cluster to test the plugin.
The vagrant recipe
- installs ceph-deploy, ceph, ceph-fuse, etc..
- installs the ceph java bindings
- configures and sets up a single node cluster
- creates a fuse mount in /mnt/ceph
- installs maven
- creates a shared directory for development (/ceph-hadoop)
- creates a shared directory for vagrant setup (/vagrant)
- installs custom HCFS jars for HADOOP-9361
- finally runs the entire build, creates the jar, and runs unit tests.
Learning the details
To grok the details, just check out the Vagrantfile. In that file, we call 4 scripts (config.vm.provision).
The java steps are summarized by the maven download and
mvn clean package step.
Publishing , deployment , and continuous integration
This is all TBD. For now, we manually publish this jar to maven central, see pom.xml for details.