WorldGrower is a 2D turn-based rpg simulator focused on creating a detailed world, in which actions have consequences.
It focuses on skills, dialogue, economy and society.
Table of contents
Binary installation using installer
- Windows 32-bit
- Windows 64-bit
- MacOS X
- Linux DEB 32-Bit (Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, etc)
- Linux DEB 64-Bit (Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, etc)
- Linux RPM 32-Bit (Fedora, Mandriva, openSUSE, Red Hat, etc)
- Linux RPM 64-Bit (Fedora, Mandriva, openSUSE, Red Hat, etc)
- Linux 32-Bit (Other Linux distributions)
- Linux 64-Bit (Other Linux distributions)
These installers contain the game and will install the game when executed.
Binary installation of .zip file
- Download .zip file
- Extract the .zip file on the local filesystem
- Make sure Java 8 is installed.
If you're not sure, you can check your java version here.
- The easiest way to start WorldGrower is to run the .jar file by double-clicking it or to open it with java 8.
Common problems with binary installation
'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
This means that no java version was installed.
Make sure to download java from here.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/worldgrower/gui/start/StartScreen : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0
This means an older java version is installed.
It's best to can check your java version here.
- If you are installing from source code, it's recommended that you clone the master branch.
- Make sure Java 8 is installed
- Run org.worldgrower.gui.start.StartScreen with resources directory in the classpath.
- dynamic world that is built up from scratch
- play several roles like farmer, lumberjack, priest, etc
- extensive dialogue system
- mislead enemies with disguises and illusions
- use character skills to build up an economy from the ground up
- found organizations and use their influence to further your own goals
- spread gossip and print newspapers
Bugs and Feature Requests
Have a bug or a feature request?
Please search for existing and closed issues
on the issue list.
WorldGrower's documentation, included in this repo in the gh-pages branch.
WorldGrower on Travis: 
WorldGrower is under GNU General Public License, see LICENSE for more information.
installer created by Install4J multi-platform installer builder