This is the official repository of WiFi Analyzer.
The open-source app was created using Agile methodologies, click here to learn more about it.
Table of Contents
- Identify nearby Access Points
- Graph channels signal strength
- Graph Access Point signal strength over time
- Analyze WiFi networks to rate channels
- HT/VHT Detection - 40/80/160MHz (Requires Android OS 6+)
- Access Point view complete or compact
- Estimated Distance to the Access Points
- Export access points details
- Dark, Light and System theme available
- Pause/Resume scanning
- Available filters: WiFi band, Signal strength, Security and SSID
- Vendor/OUI Database Lookup
Please note WiFi Analyzer is not a WiFi password cracking or phishing tool.
- Tap the title bar to switch between 2.4 and 5 GHz WiFi band.
- SSID with
*hidden* means it is hidden.
- Access Point security: WPA3/WPA2/WPA; WEP/WPS; Disabled
- Bug reports can be submitted here.
- To learn how to submit a bug click here.
- If you do not have GitHub account, please use google groups to discuss application features.
WiFi Analyzer is licensed under the GNU General Public License v3.0 (GPLv3).
GPLv3 License key requirements:
- Disclose Source
- License and Copyright Notice
- Same License
- State Changes
GNU General Public License v3.0 (GPLv3) Explained in Plain English
GNU General Public License v3.0 (GPLv3).
WiFi Analyzer Build
- Feel free to fork the project and submit your changes.
- To learn how to submit a pull request click here.
How to fork project
- Install Android Studio
- Import project into Android Studio
- In Welcome to Android Studio Screen select Import project ...
- Select the root directory of the WiFi Analyzer repository and click "OK".
- WiFi Analyzer will build automatically.
Running unit tests and jacoco coverage report
./gradlew lint testDebugUnitTest jacocoTestReport
- lint report:
- unit test report:
- code coverage report:
We want to express our gratitude to all people for contributed with patches, bug solving and updates to WiFi Analyzer.
If you would like to contribute financially to the project please feel free to send any amount through paypal.
Thanks to every one who already donated so far!