RedReader (for Android)
An unofficial, open source client for reddit.
- Free and Open Source Software - no ads/tracking.
- Lightweight and fast
- Downloads are compressed to save bandwidth.
- Support for multiple accounts.
- Several themes such as Night mode (i.e. dark theme) and Holo
- Swipe posts left and right to perform customisable actions, such as
upvote/downvote, or save/hide.
- Advanced cache management - automatically stores past versions of
posts and comments.
- Two-column tablet mode (can be used on your phone, if it's big enough)
- Image and comment precaching (optional: always, never, or Wi-Fi only).
- Built-in image viewer, imgur album viewer, GIF player, and
RedReader is available for free on the Google Play store:
alt="Get it on Google Play"
RedReader can also be found for free on F-Droid:
alt="Get it on F-Droid"
Please help us translate RedReader into new languages, or improve the translations for existing languages!
RedReader is built using Gradle. Several dependencies are required (and
listed in build.gradle), but these are handled automatically if you use
Detailed instructions on building RedReader using IntelliJ IDEA are in
RedReader is licensed under the GPL, version 3. A copy of the license is
included in LICENSE.txt.
A full list of contributors is included in the changelog.