Step-by-step debugger for Apache JMeter
Implemented by BlazeMeter.com, released under Apache 2.0 License
- step over single component
- breakpoints and running until paused
- current values for variables and properties shown
- evaluate expressions pane
- resolved execution tree displayed
- current element and current sampler scope highlighted in the tree
- element UI shown with resolved variables and functions
Install it through JMeter Plugins Manager. Or checkout the source and build with
mvn clean package, then take the JAR from
- Find it under "Run" item of main menu. Consider saving your JMX before starting debugger.
- Choose the thread group to debug from combo-box.
- Press "Start" to start debugging, "Stop" to abort it.
- Use "Step Over" or "Continue/Pause" to perform debugging.
- Right-click on the element in tree allows to set breakpoint (if appliable to the element).
- Type expression on "Evaluate" tab and execute it, you can even set variables and properties by using appropriate JMeter functions.
- Only one thread group at a time can be debugged (evaluate panel allows to mitigate the limitation)
- Module Controllers and Include Controllers are not supported
The best place to report issues and discuss the debugger is jmeter-plugins support forums.
- fix variables in assertions and controllers
v0.5 22 sep 2017
- add last sampler result tab
- choose TG from context of tree
- fix modification thread groups
- fix italic font in tree not shown on Mac
- fix blue color for current element is blue-on-blue for Mac
- fix logging lab for old jmeter versions
- fix clear data in info tabs and listeners
v0.4 24 jul 2017
- migrate logging to SLF4J
- fix variables in TestElement.name
- fix variable in propMap
- fix disable original components
- fix changing tree model in debbugger after test started
- fix changing original tree model after closing debbugger
v0.3, 21 jun 2016
- handle Transaction Controller
- expand sampler path in tree to reveal it
- logic to stop on first Sampler Scope element for Sampler Breakpoint
v0.2, 13 jun 2016
- disable variables/properties/evaluate update on continue, to prevent deadlock
- fix breakpoint functioning
- remove controls from DBG TG UI (action on error)
- add icon on toolbar (keyboard shortcut is not possible, sorry)
v0.1, 7 jun 2016
- initial release
- disabled variables change highlight
logic to stop on Listener bp only once after sample
choose TG from context of tree and show debugger started?
revive Stop button?
Maximize on Windows / Non modal window (what to do with all the collision cases?)
italic font in tree not shown on Mac
blue color for current element is blue-on-blue for Mac
shortcut to toggle BP