OpenCue is an open source render management system. You can use OpenCue in
visual effects and animation production to break down complex jobs into
individual tasks. You can submit jobs to a configurable dispatch queue that
allocates the necessary computational resources.
OpenCue provides the following features to help manage rendering jobs at scale:
- Sony Pictures Imageworks in-house render manager
used on hundreds of films.
- Highly-scalable architecture supporting numerous concurrent machines.
- Tagging systems allow you to allocate specific jobs to specific machine
- Jobs are processed on a central render farm and don't rely on the artist's
- Native multi-threading that supports Katana, Prman, and Arnold.
- Support for multi facility, on-premisses, cloud, and hybrid deployments.
- You can split a host into a large number of procs, each with their own
reserved core and memory requirements.
- Integrated automated booking.
- No limit on the number of procs a job can have.
For more information on installing, using, and administering OpenCue, visit
To join the OpenCue discussion forum for users and admins, join the
opencue-user mailing list or email the
group directly at [email protected].